Connect with us


Pregnant Lady arrested for losing her unborn child after being shot, shooter allowed to go free



Alabama is prosecuting a pregnant woman for manslaughter for losing her baby after being shot in the stomach. However, they aren’t prosecuting her shooter.

Marshae Jones, a 27-year-old Birmingham woman, was shot in the stomach at about noon on Dec. 4, 2018, outside Dollar General on Park Road. She was 5 months pregnant at the time and her unborn child died as a result of the shooting.

Marshae was indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury on a manslaughter charge. She was taken into custody on Wednesday. Meanwhile, charges against her shooter, Ebony Jemison, 23, have been dismissed by a grand jury.

Though Jones didn’t fire the shots that killed her unborn baby girl, according to reports, authorities said the mother initiated the dispute that led to the gunfire. Police initially charged 23-year-old Ebony Jemison with manslaughter, but the charge against Jemison was dismissed after the grand jury failed to indict her.

Pleasant Grove police Lt. Danny Reid said at the time of the shooting: “The investigation showed that the only true victim in this was the unborn baby. It was the mother of the child who initiated and continued the fight which resulted in the death of her own unborn baby.”

Reid said the fight stemmed over the unborn baby’s father. The investigation showed, he said, that it was Jones who initiated and pressed the fight, which ultimately caused Jemison to defend herself and unfortunately caused the death of the baby.

Reid said: “Let’s not lose sight that the unborn baby is the victim here. She had no choice in being brought unnecessarily into a fight where she was relying on her mother for protection.”

The story has sparked outrage as people are saying the victim is being blamed while the criminal is allowed to go free. It has also sparked a discussion about fetal personhood and abortion laws.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


Nigerian singer Jumabee share his experience with COVID-19




Nigerian Fast Rising Singer & song writer Jumabee Posted  his experience with Coronavirus after testing Positive in the UK.

The singer who got to the UK on a musical tour has opened up on how he contracted the novel Covid-19 while in the UK and has Tag His experience “MY EASTER TESTIMONY”.

The singer disclosed that after he was diagnosed with Covid-19, he couldn’t be taken to the hospital because it was already filled up & the NHS was already overwhelmed. He added that the incident left him suicidal, because he thought it was the end.

He wrote


HOW I AROSE FROM COVID-19  I am sharing my story firstly to testify to the goodness of God and also to lend my voice to the numerous ongoing covid-19 campaigns.

About 2 weeks ago I developed high fever, severe headache and body pains, I thought it was malaria being that I had just come in from Nigeria so I started treating malaria but 3 days later my health got worse, I lost my appetite and became very weak. I couldn’t even sit up let alone stand or walk.
At this point I was thinking hope this is not covid 19 understanding that the UK was a high burden zone, but as I wasn’t coughing at the time, I tried to convince myself it was probably a bacterial infection so I started taking antibiotics, along with paracetamol and a lot of water but still no improvement then I certainly knew I needed help.
We called the ambulance consistently for 3 days but there was no response and even the times they responded, they said they were very busy and could not come. On the third day, they finally showed up, but at this moment, I was already battling for my life, I could no longer breathe properly, I was gasping for breath. Just before the doctors arrived that day I collapsed, I was literally gone. My friends had to perform CPR on me to resuscitate me.
When the paramedics finally came, they confirmed it was covid 19 but that they couldn’t take me to the hospital because all the hospitals were filled up and the NHS was overly overwhelmed, they said even if they took me to the hospital, I would most likely get worse because of the conditions there so they recommended I stayed at home and fight for my life.
After they left, I started having suicidal thoughts, nothing mattered anymore. I got even worse, cough started along with severe diarrhea, my skin began to peel too. Something just had to be done, with the help of many, we found a private hospital after days of search where I was stabilized for days.
On returning home after testing negative. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn’t believe my eyes, I had lost so much weight, I started crying because I had thought that was the end for me but God gave me

Watch Video Below:

Continue Reading

Latest Trending

Copyright © 2018 - 2020 | Naijatraffic